Monthly Dream Pool- Interpretation Recipient #4
I was in the passenger seat and the driver felt like the Holy Spirit, because he was a guide, almost like a tour guide. Although I couldn’t really see their face clearly, I knew it was a “He” and that I felt comfortable with him on this unknown journey.
As we drove, we came to a brick building, with a parking lot. From far away, the building look like it had graffiti on it. As we approached closer, the Holy Spirit parked the Jeep, I got out and began walking towards this brick wall.
The “graffiti” turned out to be a huge water cloud shaped lion in this dream. I asked the Holy Spirit, “Is this a mermaid chair? He said, “Yes, that’s right!”
The lion was majestic, fierce yet inviting in facial expression. It was a teal-colored water-cloud, shape, with a true lion’s head and body. But the lion had a tail, like a mermaid tail, right underneath.
It was a wall-painting, but painted on brick. It was very vivid in color. It felt like the lion was Jesus.
The closer I approached the wall, the painting came to life. Now instead of a 1-dimensional painting, it became 3-dimensional in nature.
It kept its shape, form and color, but it began to turn into a waterspout, almost like a water tornado, but not violent. It was like stirring waters, peaceful and yet a small element of fear. It was turning and I could hear wind and water flowing inside of it and around it.
The closer I got to it, I knew I needed to prepare myself because I was going to get sucked in! I tried to get away from it but I knew it was useless to do so! I got sucked in, almost fearful I was going to drown but for some reason I KNEW I was not going to drown.
I held my breath and balled myself up, like I was going to do a cannon ball in the pool.
I could feel my body spin inside this strange weather water lion formation. I knew I was transitioning to something. In the dream, I knew this was a portal. A strange transition or encounter portal. I felt the system spin me inside, I could feel the water/cloud substance gently touch my body. I knew in the dream that after this encounter, I would never be the same.
After spinning for what felt like an hour but was only a few seconds to minutes, I arrived to a new place, almost like a new town, a new country, it was different.
There was a young girl walking ahead of me. She seemed to be African-American, like myself, but for some reason I knew she was not from where I came from. She was a citizen of this new town or new country I was in. She was wearing shorts with sneakers, which told me the weather of this place was warm.
At first glance, this dream looks like it’s prophesying a grand excursion… like a vision to the heavenlies… or an immersion in the Holy Spirit. It looks like an exciting trip to be anticipated… but in diving into all the elements of the dream, the prophecy shifts. The experience described in the dream should be anticipated because it is of the Lord… but it will take faith to feel comfortable during the season prophesied.
Let’s go ahead and look at the GENERAL INTERPRETATION first and then breakdown how we got there by considering each of the many DREAM ELEMENTS.
Here’s my take:
You, my dear sister, have a call on your life, and God plans to promote you and use you for kingdom purposes. Through this dream, God is preparing you for an epic challenge which will help equip and empower you for your ministry calling.
He is providing much detail because it’s important that you to be primed for what’s coming, and see it from HIS perspective.
You won’t have trouble identifying this when comes, because you will feel out-of-control; but remember that HE is in control. This move of God may look more like a move of your adversary… as this situation will appear negative. Know, however, that the Spirit of the Lord is focusing on you and stirred up. He has therefore assigned you a dramatic situation to undergo as training.
This will not be comfortable─ and you will be “sitting in it” for a while─ but you will flourish in it through abiding with Jesus as you learn more about “swimming in the Spirit” at a deeper level… so deep, that after this encounter, you will never be the same, and will be better able to impact the lives of others.
He will be taking you to a NEW PLACE in Him─ a “warm and comfortable” higher spiritual place. Ironically though, during this season, you will appear to be getting nowhere; and the test will feel like it’s taking a long time… but God has ordained its length perfectly.
The struggle will involve God’s cleansing, forgiving, and rescuing you from further such experiences as you learn more about accessing His full protection, and about where the power lies for overcoming challenges here on earth.
DREAM ELEMENTS- THE VEHICLE
• in someone’s vehicle- you are not the one in control
• a red Jeep- about power for overcoming off-road challenges on this earth
• with no roofing or sides- lack of protection, exposed
• tour guide driver- Holy Spirit (we know this because “couldn’t really see their face clearly…
DREAM ELEMENTS- THE BUILDING
• brick building/wall- what has been built in your life through your walk with Jesus
• with a parking lot- your life affects others; you are called to impact the lives of others
• what looked like graffiti was actually huge water cloud-shaped lion- the coming experience looks bad (as if the script was written illegitimately), but Jesus will be using it for good
DREAM ELEMENTS- MERMAID CHAIR AND MERLION
• mermaid chair- a place you are assigned and prepared to sit in for a while
• teal-colored water-cloud- about flourishing through abiding with Jesus
• lion had a tail, like a mermaid tail- through Jesus, you are being equipped to swim in the Spirit
• painted on brick- what has been built in your life through your walk with Jesus
• painting came to life and became 3-dimensional – God is showing you deeper things, a new level of understanding
DREAM ELEMENTS- THE EXPERIENCE
• turned into a waterspout, almost like a non-violent water tornado, stirring waters, peaceful and yet a small element of fear- this mission is to cleanse, forgive, rescue; God will be tearing things apart to do so
• could hear wind and water flowing inside of it and around it- the Spirit of Christ is on the move, stirred up, move of God
• prepare myself because I was going to get sucked in- God will be moving this way in your life
• tried to get away from it but I knew it was useless- expect some discomfort
• almost fearful I was going to drown but for some reason I KNEW I was not going to drown- the experience will be so challenging that you are not sure you can survive, but know you will
• held my breath and balled myself up- braced myself for what I expected
• feel my body spin inside this, transitioning- a cycle, going round and round and appearing to get nowhere
DREAM ELEMENTS- THE DESTINATION
• portal- this will take you somewhere new (this is confirmed through “after this encounter, I would never be the same”)
• felt like an hour but was only a few seconds to minutes- this test will feel like it is taking a long time, but God has ordained its length perfectly
• arrived at a new and different place- God has taken you to a new spiritual level, your perspective has dramatically changed
• young girl- ministry is new to you
• walking ahead of me- has experienced what you will be experiencing
• new town or new country- the destination God is taking you to has not previously been experienced by you
• shorts with sneakers told me the weather of this place was warm- this place is warm and comfortable
The dream even notes that I have undergone the trial you are facing, and that though I may not “look” like a “sister,” I am (“seemed to be African-American, like myself, but for some reason I knew she was not from where I came from”).
Three passages come to mind. Meditate on these because the dream tells us that God is building something strong and new in your life through this walk with Jesus.
Jeremiah 29:11-13. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
1 Peter 4: 12-13. Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.
James 1:2-4. Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
Be ministered to as well by a song we did this week in our church.
Remember: Each of us hears from God, and each of us knows our own state of affairs. Dreamers are intended to make the best interpreters of their own dreams as they grow in understanding of the parabolic language of God.
I’m not you, but that’s my view!